GREEN RIVER HOT SPRINGS
Please note this area is under the jurisdiction of the Tacoma Watershed. Trespassing is prohibited and enforced by Dept. Natural Resources, BNSF and Tacoma Watershed. According to Tac. watershed law enforcement, the remains of the hot springs have been dynamited to discourage trespassing.
Hot Springs is a ghost town in King County, Washington, United States. Properly Green River Hot Springs, the town was first settled under the name Kendon by the Northern Pacific Railway in 1886.
Hot Springs was at one time home to a large sanatorium built around the natural hot springs in the area, and by 1907–1908 had a population of 225 with two doctors. The sanatorium was reported to have been an impressive facility, having nice suites, bowling alleys and pool tables. A 1904 envelope has a return address, “The Kloeber, J. S. Kloeber, M.D. Green River Hot Springs, Wash.”. The area was also home to Harvey Dean’s mill (which gave the nearby town of Lester, Washington its original name). By 1913–14 the town’s population had dropped to 65, with no businesses mentioned. Evidence points to the fact that sometime before 1913–14 the sanatorium had burned down. By 1918, the town had virtually vanished, only being listed as a “Discontinued Post Office.” (Wikipedia)